Sunday, July 6, 2008

First Attempt at Iron on's

I really wanted to try what everyone seems to be doing - playing with iron-on transfers. I found out that you can stamp and color on the kind you would use for ink jet printers. So I decided to make a few gifts. I followed instructions that Ali Miles and Niki Estes posted on their blogs.

This first attempt was for the same birthday boy who loves monkeys. I thought I'd make him a T-shirt that matched the theme. Sorry about the picture but I thought of taking a picture only AFTER I had wrapped it. I created my own box too using a transparency sheet and following directions from Niki (again) :)

Coloring is trickier than I thought it would be because the marker can start to pull away the transfer material and leave spots - as you can see. The key is going slow and blotting the color in more than brushing the color on.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

One Creative Life said...

wow Debbie all you party items turned out fabulous! I think your shirt looks cute. I need to try this technique for my kids. Thanks for sharing.-Erica

Debbie said...

Thanks Erica!