Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Birthday AND a Baby?!?

We threw a surprise Baby Shower/Birthday Lunch for one of my scrappy friends at work and I made this card for everyone to sign. I used the CMWC15 sketch from the PTI forum, kinda. I had just gotten the Green Thumbs set from Papertrey Ink and was itching to try it. I used the rock & roll method for the flowers, I'm still workin' on it :P.

The neat thing with this card was making a slot for a gift card. I saw this on someone's site but I don't remember where- I'll be sure to post where when I do. Before you adhere the layer to the card base you cut a slit just a little larger than the gift card and use a circle punch to punch a half circle. Then stick your layer on but be sure to leave the middle adhesive free.

Fine Print:
Stamps: Green Thumbs, Bitty Baby Blessings, Women of Life additions (&), B&C Monogram Edition
Paper: SU! Kraft, PTI White, Spring Moss, Misc. Lavender CS, Bitty Baby Blessings DP
Ink: SU! Lavender Lace, Almost Amethyst, PTI Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, Palette Charcoal
Accessories: PTI Spring moss Grossgrain ribbon, Sakura Glitter Pen, circle punch, foam adhesive, markers (for stems & pitcher).


Thanks for looking!

No comments: