Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Aqua Mist Wedding(s)

Wow! It's September already! I'm kinda ready for the cooler fall weather- it's been a pretty warm summer even by Chicago standards!

Well today's project is a card, actually 2 cards, that I made for 2 weddings. I've been trying to be productive and if I'm going to pull out supplies, I might as well make more than one card. And you guessed it! I used Aqua Mist CS. As inspiration I used this card.



Using PTI's Big & Bold Wishes I stamped the focal image. This stamp set makes it super easy to create a bold, yet elegant statement. Then with Background Basics: Petal Power, I stamped a background onto another piece of Vintage Cream CS. To add a little bit of dimension to the cream cardstock I swiped neatly around the focal image with the darker color of the Tea Dye Duo. On the background piece I distressed the edges and then swiped not so neatly with both colors of the duo. Since both the focal image and background piece are the same color, adding the distressed edging allows the focal image to standout but ties everything together.

Lately, Nichole of Papertrey Ink has been using double loops of ribbon as embellishement and I wanted to give it a try. So I used the swiss dot ribbon to loop behind the focal image which I popped up on dimensionals. To give the whole thing some bling-bling I added clear rhinestones to the corners but if you look closely, I colored them with a matching Copic marker to make them look like aqua mist. This is cool because you don't necessarily have to buy supplies in EVERY color... sometimes you can alter it to match!

The overall effect was a pretty, vintage card, perfect for any wedding.

Have a great day!

Fine Print:
Stamps: PTI Big & Bold Wishes, Background Basics: Petal Power
Ink: PTI Aqua Mist, Dark Chocolate; Tea Dye Duo
Cardstock: PTI Aqua Mist, Vintage Cream
Accessories: PTI Aqua Mist Swiss Dot Satin Ribbon, Clear rhinestones, Copic marker

1 comment:

B said...

So lovely! :) The vintage lookis just perfect! :)