Thursday, April 17, 2008

Guest Star Stamper- March Entry

Though I did not win :) I thought I'd post some details about my entry. This card is a bit outside my "typical" style... though I'm not sure what my typical style is - generally a little more simple but the PTI stuff just makes you wanna keep going :). Also, I don't think I followed the directions for the challenge correctly... Oh well... :P

Well here it is...

Close up of the card... please excuse my finger! hehehe...
I made the inside a pop-up. I got this really cool book in Japan that has all sorts of pop-up cards... from simple to very complicated. The only problem is that it's all in Japanese, and nope, not Japanese :). I guesstimated and used the pictures and examples to get it to work. This one was not too hard to do, PTI cardstock is so thick that you have to make sure to cut and score very well. I freehanded the fruit... Doesn't the Chocolate chip Carstock make the cake look like chocolate cake?? YUM!
I also made a matching tin full of sour-patch kids - my friend likes sour candy. I altered a cookie tin to match.
Fine Print:
Stamps: PTI Birthday Basics, Boxes, Bags & Tags, Women of Life, Simple Alphabet
Paper: PTI Spring Moss, Sweet Blush, Stamper's Select White; SU! Purely Pomegranate, Chocolate Chip, PTI Pink Patterns DP
Ink: PTI Spring Moss, Sweet Blush; Pallette Ink Burnt Umber; SU! Rose Red, Whisper White
Accessories: PTI Spring Moss & Sweet Blush Grossgrain, satin & stiched ribbon, making memories brad, SU! mellow moss grossgrain ribbon; Marvy Giga Scallop Punch, Mega Circle Punch, Jumbo circle punch; Fiskars border punch, scallop scissors

I also wanted to thank Nichole from PTI for giving me a mention awhile back - never got around to posting about it here. As you can see I only blog in spurts :). Aaaannnnddd... do you guys notice that the colors from April's release are strangely similar to my project... a coincidence?? I think not!! JUST kidding! I was ridiculously happy that day... it was really nice to be put in the same category as such talented people!

Thanks for looking!!
Debbie

No comments: