Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Birthday Boy!

I wanted to participate in this month's GSS, especially since I didn't quite follow the directions a few months back :). So I decided to make a Boy Birthday Card. I combined a sketch from Amy Rysavy's blog with a color challenge from Kristina Werner's site. I was too late to partcipate in their actual blog challenges.


I used Pond Life & Pond Life sentiments... I am SUCH a sucker for anything "Punny." I combined 2 phrases for the sentiment section. To make the fishies more interesting, I used my versamark marker to make them able to hold on to chalk. Chalked them with pearlescent chalk, THEN I added liquid crystal over that. I wasn't sure how that would turn out but the fishies are now shimmery AND shiny :). Also, I don't have Wild Wasabi ink, so I used my SU! Green Garden and stamped the ink off once before stamping on my paper - I think it turned out as a pretty close match! To make a subtle background on one of the cardstock components I used the bubbles from Pond Life to create a background piece... I like how that turned out too. The colors were really outside of my comfort zone but in the end, I think came together pretty well.

I used Birthday Basics to finish off the inside with an extra fishy.


Fine Print:
Stamps: PTI Pond Life, Pone Life Sentiments, Birthday Basics
Paper: SU! Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue CS; PTI Stamper's Select White CS; SU! Jersey Shore DP
Ink: SU! Pumpkin Pie, Green Garden, Bashful Blue; Pallette Noir Black
Accessories: Pearlescent Chalk, Liquid Crystal, Marvy Mega Circle Punch, Versamark marker & stamp pad.


Thanks for Looking!

2 comments:

Mary I said...

Very cute b-day card! I especially like the fish on the inside with the sentiment--it gives it a nice finishing touch. TFS!

B said...

super cute! love the inside how you layered the sentiment and bubbles. :)