Sunday, May 11, 2008

Clearly a Birthday

I needed to make a birthday card for my mom - her birthday and Mother's day are really close together and the least I could do was make her 2 cards! :). I'd never used acetate or transparencies for cards and I've been wanting to try Nichole's challenge. I got transparencies made for copiers and they were thinner than I wanted... I'm may need to go and get a different brand to see if they're any thicker.
The Front

The Inside
Fine Print:
Stamps: PTI Boxes, Bags, & Tags, Birthday Basics
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White; PTI Pink Patterns DP
Ink: PTI Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Spring Moss
Accessories: Making Memories square brads, Transparency sheet, Sweet Blush Grossgrain Ribbon


Thanks again for looking!!

4 comments:

Donna C. said...

I just discovered your blog and I LOVE it! You are very creative and I love your use of color!

Debbie said...

thanks donna- I'm super new. Thanks for looking!!!

Jenn said...

GREAT card - your use of the transparency is fantastic. I'm sure your mom will love it.

B said...

Cute! :-)

I searched high and low for just plain overhead transparencies rather than ones intended for printer/copiers/etc. But I'm not sure they were that much thicker... Just usually more clear since they didn't have a rough side for ink. I examined the different packs in the store to compare.... I'm sure the stores loved me. ;-)

On the other hand, I do know that for a heavy premium, you can get acetate that's pretty thick at certain online craft stores and I think even your LSS or Archivers might have them. But I never thought it was worth the premium...

Okay, sorry to be so lengthy. I can babble for ages.