Monday, August 16, 2010

Baby Shower of a Greek Nature

Hi All!

What does the title mean? Heh, this card & gift basket set was for my dear, dear friend who is Greek. There's nothing that really made the gift Greek, just wanted to distinguish this baby shower from the other ones! And actually this is a P.T. (post-tyler) Card! I remember making it during a nap & shrink wrapping after he woke up. :)


So here is the card. I used a combination of PTI's Bitty Baby Blessings and their 2008 anniversary set - Everyday Classics. I stamped the star image from Everyday Classics in Versamark Champagne Dazzle - it really does dazzle. Then used aqua mist CS to paper piece the baby stroller. To balance the image, add color and hold the sentiment, I added a star brad from SU! with bits of new leaf DS, random aqua grossgrain & summer sunrise satin (reversed) ribbon. The patterned paper is from SU! and the blue border is punched with the EK Success dotted scallop edger punch. I also added a bit of green to the stroller to finish things off.

For the basket, I got a cute blue gingham covered basket from Michael's and filled it with all the cute stuff from the registry. Covered it with shrink wrap and used a hair dryer to shrinky-dink that thing. Who remembers shrinky dinks?

I made the bow using wired ribbon I had at home and looping and twisting until it was nice and floofy (puffy+fluffy). Taped the card on and I was set to go!

Stay tuned for pictures related to this little one's first birthday party! I was able to help my friend out and photograph his party!

No comments: