Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Thank You Berry Much

This card was pretty simple to put together. I added paper from my Stampin' Up collection to the bottom of the plain white card base (PTI Stamper's Select White of course!). I first stamped the larger strawberry PTI's Green Thumb, cut it out and placed a foam dimensional on the back. But before adhering the large berry, I started stamping the little berries, using some masking to get a layered look, across the top. That way I could move the larger berry around to see how much I wanted the little ones to peek out. I also purposely stamped off some ink on a few of the berries to get variation in color. I honestly don't remember what colors I used... I think the red is Pure Poppy ink just not at "full strength." It matches the paper, pretty darn well, if I do say so myself! :)

I then added the little curlicue-leafy-things around the berries. For a more finished look, I added the black gingham ribbon (SU!). It kinda adds a little country charm, no? Then finished the whole thing off with a 'punny' sentiment. I love punny sentiments!! If you noticed, I added some sparkle to the large strawberry with my Sakura stardust pen - love that thing!

Alrighty, I'm moving right along in my catching up!
Thanks for stoppin' by!

No comments: