Monday, August 9, 2010

Christmas Cards 2008

It's a little early to be thinking of Christmas but... oh well...

I don't know if I've ever posted Christmas Cards here. In 2007 I handmade 4 different kinds of pretty elaborate cards. But for 2008, I decided to mass produce a simple design since I was preggo and just getting over being really nauseous.


I started out with a simple white base using PTI Stampers Select White. Then I stamped a frame from SU!'s Frames with a Flourish using Pallete Ink Charcoal. Then using a negative mask- basically a piece of paper with the Frame cut out- I stamped a Stamps by Judith Pine bough over & over until I got the "branch" to look the way I wanted. Then stamped the sentiment from a miscellaneous holiday set I have. I love the modern look of the gray ink on white paper

I stamped a little dot from PTI Beautiful Blooms to make the "ornament." then drew in the "hook" with a black gel pen. The Ornament was then colored over with a Sakura stardust pen for some sparkle, then some liquid crystal over it all to make it shine!

Then on the back of each flat card, I stamped another sentiment:
If the front said "Merry Christmas," the back said, "& Happy holidays" and if the front said "Happy Holidays" the back said, "& Winter wishes" to be a little politically correct for co-workers. The "&" and the greeting with our names were stamped using PTI Simple Alphabet, SUCH a versatile set! The tiny heart is from PTI My Punny Valentine.

Here's a note on mass producting things. I try and do all the stamping of one color all at once. So all the gray stamping was done first, then the green, then the red, then all the other elements added in. This helps to keep your work area somewhat organized since you only have out what you need for that particular step. And if you are making a lot of cards, the repetition helps you zone out a little and it becomes relaxing... at least it does for me :).

Hope you enjoyed this little piece of Christmas in August!
Thanks for comin' by!

No comments: