Thursday, August 5, 2010

New home Card Set

I have been meaning to post this for a very long time. I made a set of cards to give a co-worker/fellow crafter because she was moving out of state. I used the Boards & Beams set from Papertrey Ink. Sorry that the picture quality isn't so great. I've gotten better at taking pictures but lately they're of my cutie son.

I made a set of 10 flat cards featuring the bigger house from the B&B set. I stamped them on kraft paper in black ink. Then went and colored in the roof, windows, railing & door with copics. I liked the fact that by stamping on kraft paper, I didn't have the urge to color in the whole house, which saved me time because I made 10 of them. I cut out each house using my cutter-bee scissors.

Then for the card bases, I stamped the fence image twice onto a piece of vintage cream CS, knowing that the house would cover the middle. I masked the fence on the left side and stamped the tree image. Did I mention I made 10 of them? I matted the cream CS onto Pure Poppy CS then the whole thing onto a kraft 4.25 x 5.5 base. I added a strip of Aqua Mist paper for a little more color, since everything was so kraft-y. I stamped the sentiment "Our New Home" at the bottom, perfect for sending people your new address. I kept the overall design flat and simple to make mailing them easy and it made it easier to mass produce. 10 of them. :)


Now the piece de resistance for me was the box I made to house, haha house, the cards. I used a template I had found somewhere by prchvs (Renée), I think from SCS or internet searching. It's easy to make, you need 1-12x12 sheet and 1-6x6 piece. I used a piece of green CS I had from my stash and a 6x6 sheet from Everyday Blessings PP. I tied a piece of Pure Poppy double stich ribbon around it and added another house I had colored & cut. The top cover has a little velcro closure to keep everything in. All 10 cards & 10 envelopes fit neatly and made for a great presentation when I gave it to my co-worker. The box is meant to hold 5 or 6 folded cards but since these were flat I was able to fit more in. And the box could be used for storing other things afterwards!

Cool, huh?
Thanks for comin' by and let me know if you have any questions about supplies or tools.

1 comment:

B said...

This is so lovely! :) What a fab gift to give to someone when they move!